Thursday, January 1, 2009

Modern Body Tattoos & Piercing - Sacramento, California

I flew into Sacramento, CA to attend the "All American Tattoo Festival. I got there a couple of days early, and was just walking around when I noticed a black and red building. I was happy to see it was a Tattoo shop.

I walked in and started looking at the porfolios on the counter, just then a long haired - big bearded guy asked if he could help me. I said well, I just got into town and don't know anyone and found your shop and hoped I would meet some cool people.

He was very friendly and showed me around his shop. He gave me the inside scoop on the local scene. He explained to me where the convention was going to be held, and accually picked me up at my hotel and drove me there the next morning.

Russ McSwain is the owner and piercer of the shop. He has a variety of artists working there, they all seem to be able to accomplish any style of tattooing you could ask for.


Russ McSwain


This is a full custom shop, all of the artists paint and draw all the time. the art work on the walls is done by the artists that work there. here are a few samples:







And, if your in the Sacramento area and find yourself in the need of some custom tattooing, I hope you will find your way to Modern Body Tattoo, you'll be glad you did. Tell them Scott McCool sent you.

To see the whole shop tour on video, check out the TVM (Tattoo Video Magazine)DVD for complete coverage and their story told by them.

I ran into Russ and his crew at the tattoo convention, and we got to hang out a little bit more. He had some of his artists enter thier tattoo work in the contests.
They walked away with at least 3 --


1st Place Color Back by Alycia Harr


2nd Place large Color by Dave Barnitz


2nd Place best sleave by Alycia Harr

The shop is located at: 2017 I street / Sacremento, CA - 916-930-0689 Hours: Monday thru Saturday - 12noon til 9pm.


Dawn & Russ


Dave Barnitz


Alycia Harr


Mikey Dwitt & Carlo Vela

Tattoo Artist Roster: Dave Barnitz, Mikey Dwitt, Carlo Vela, Alycia Harr, Stonya - Shop Mom, Photographer and Custom Clothing Designer.


Custom Made Wolf Mask by Stonya



Go to www.tattoovideomagazine.com

No comments: